Peter D. Maro, Jr., DMD, MS
“I love creating beautiful smiles through orthodontics. Every day, I get to change people’s lives in a positive way. It’s challenging, like a puzzle, to find the right treatment plan for each person’s needs, and I enjoy solving each puzzle with science and aesthetics in mind. It is fascinating and extremely rewarding to see the changes in people’s confidence as their smiles improve. Knowing that I’ve had a hand it, that is why I come to work every day.”
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – State University of New York at Geneseo
- Doctorate of Medical Dentistry – University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Master of Science in Oral Biology – University of Loui
sville School of Dentistry
- Postdoctoral Degree in Orthodontics – University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Dr. Maro has been nationally recognized by Orthodontic Products Magazine for use of the latest technologies and techniques. He has received the Top Dentist Award from Westchester Magazine as one of the area’s Top Orthodontists.He practiced orthodontics in St. Louis, Missouri, from 1995 through 1997. He has been practicing locally since July 1998.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (Board Certified)
- American Association of Orthodontists
- New York Society of Orthodontists
- Ninth District Dental Society
- Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- New Conn Orthodontic Foundation
- Westchester Shore Study Club, Past President
Outside the Office
Dr. Maro is a native of New Jersey. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Lynne, and their three children, Elise, Peter III, and Christian. Their dog, Biscuit, is also an important member of the family.
Between college and dental school, Dr. Maro played professional ice hockey with the New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers organizations. He is very active in the community, coaching youth hockey for the Rye Rangers, Darien Youth hockey, and Stamford Sharks hockey program. He is also a Paul Harris Fellow in Rotary, the highest award a Rotarian can hold. Dr. Maro is happy to sponsor numerous local sport teams and supports many local charities.